it has begun

today at work I didn't do much of anything. Everyone from my lab is going to a conference next week, and I will be left on charge of the $half-million instrument and the basic instruction "don't break anything". Today we prepared for their departure by cleaning the crystals (a procedure I am happy to elucidate to anyone who asks) and listening to heather practice her talk. I am excited about going it alone, well, our undergrad is there to help if needed.

At home we've started moving some things to my new place. The bulk of the work will be done tomorrow. We went to Dunkin Donuts to pick up breakfast for my helpers; since it was closing time we got a bunch of free stuff!

Time to rest.

1 comment:

W said...

Mmmmmm. Jelly-filled. Blueberry holes. Too bad I'm on a diet...a diet that has no plan or structure and includes beer.