chance meetings

Tammer and I were wandering around town on Saturday, taking in what this town has to offer. We were coming out of CPK after a late lunch, on our way to the mall map to figure out where to go next, and who should we bump into but a friend from JPL, Abhijit, and his wife. This was very unexpected, you see, since we did not plan to meet them there, let alone even know they were in town!

There have been a few such instances in my life in which I have bumped into people I know in unexpected places. It always makes me think about all the circumstances that had to come together just so in order for it to happen. Tammer and I rarely go to that mall, we usually eat lunch much earlier, and if we had known where we were going we would have missed them entirely. I tell you, dear readers, because I know you will agree it's neat...Tammer thinks I am silly for being so intrigued.

Anyway, Abhijit mentioned that they had considered taking a duck tour (in fact, they had just tried to get tickets, but the tours were sold out for the day). Tammer and I have been meaning to do this for several weeks, but just couldn't get it together. The four of us made tentative plans for a Sunday duck tour and went about our days separately. Yesterday we went on our duck tour, and it was absolutely lovely.

Wishing you happy coincidences.

No comments: