something witchy this way comes

or should i say, we went someplace witchy?

Last saturday, Tammer and I got up early, hit the local IHOP and then scurried our butts downtown to catch the ferry to Salem, MA (appropriately named the "Salem Ferry"). We had book a room at the Salem Inn, a lovely little bed and breakfast near the heart of downtown Salem.

We visited the House of Seven Gables and the birthplace of famed author Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ye Olde Pepper Candy Companie (the oldest candy company in America) and a nice little restaurant on the wharf the first day.

The next day we visited the Witch History Museum, the Witch Dungeon Museum and the New England Pirate Museum. It was all so hokey and wonderful.

We took the ferry back to Boston around 2pm after a quick lunch in a local hot spot (Red's Sandwich Shop). The town is so small that in the 24 hours we were there we managed to walk across it about 8 times. I think I write for both of us when I post that Tammer and I would be willing to take any of our visitors to Salem if they wanted to day. Even just a day trip would have been so much fun; however, I think we'd have to drive next time since I got quite sea-sick on each ferry ride.

1 comment:

W said...

Sounds like a witchin' good time (except for the seasick part). I've been seasick before and it's worse than drinking too much. At least when you drink too much you can have a little fun along the ride.