February 22, 2010

Well, it's been almost a year since I posted anything. It's hard for me to stay in the habit of writing, but I hope no one has been too disappointed.

This past weekend we (Steve and I) went to a "Breakfast for Dinner" party at my friend Jenny's place. Jenny and I met a couple of years ago through a mutual friend, and we've stayed in contact on and off since then. We don't see each other often, but we follow each other on Twitter, and that's almost like having a conversation. Break-ner was delicious (please to be telling me where to find that waffle mix!) and we met some good people. Didn't get any contact info, but good people nonetheless.

On Sunday I hosted a Mark. party. My friend Cristy is a Mark. cosmetics representative (it's an Avon brand...cheaper than Avon products), and I volunteered to be a hostess. The perks of hosting include (1) discount for hosting, (2) discount for every dollar spent and (3) not having to leave my home. She demonstrated a "dramatic/evening look" on me; everyone said it was hot, but I thought it was...let's say "dramatic" (to use her words). Nevertheless, I bought some products and a package of makeup removing wipes. I look forward to what other looks I can come up with on my own.

ttyl!

3 comments:

W said...

We have lots of makeup in our house. I'll give it to you for free and you don't even have to host.

Sean Hanzelik said...

Wow, welcome back!! You don't need any makeup. You're beautiful in your natural state.

Love you, sis!!

Sean

April said...

Thank you, Sean, for the compliment (and Ryan for the offer of free makeup). I use it to "enhance" not to "improve" my natural beauty.