september 21, 2008

i went out for a night on the town on friday for a friend's birthday. i knew most of the people there, but there were a few new faces. one in particular caught my eye, a very nice looking guy. we got to talking, and it was easy and fun. after a while i asked someone about him only to discover that he has a girlfriend. fine, i back off. i talked to a lot of other people (we were at a big, crowded bar, so no problem with that). a couple of hours later i find myself next to the first dude. now, i may be out of practice, but i know enough to know when someone is flirting with me, and he certainly was. buys me a drink, asks me all kinds of questions, gives me his freaking business card! never once does he mention the little woman, if i hadn't asked about it i never would have known. i ended the night confused, annoyed and hopelessly smitten. i don't expect every guy i find attractive to fall for me, but it really felt like he was interested. even so, i refuse to be that girl who knowingly goes after a guy already involved with someone else. stupid men.

2 comments:

W said...

Two schools of thought on this:

1) If he'll do it to her, he'll do it to you.

or;

2) He's the one to make the decision about the other girl. If he picks you, so be it.

April said...

oh, i am cynical enough to go with option one all the way! lol!