Tammer's Birthday

Yesterday was Tammer's birthday; I won't mention how old he is. We had a great day.

First thing I picked up a chocolate/raspberry layer cake. It was decadent.

Next we hopped on the T to get to the annual Chowderfest at city hall plaza. They were handing out all kinds of free goodies outside the venue. Inside we were able to sample chowders from 9 different area restaurants; then we got to vote on our favorite to be named best chowder in Boston. I voted for The Skipper and Tammer voted for Ned Devine's. One entry was so awful that I feel too bad for them to even tell you who they were. However, I don't think anyone is in danger of being exposed to their chowder anytime soon, if you are, I will warn you.

Here are some photos of Tammer weighing the candidates and of the colonial marching band entertaining the crowds.













Also, in honor of independence day and our fine country, I include a photo of some cops on horses disturbing a guy who was just trying to grab an afternoon nap.











After getting our fill of chowder we went shopping for a while. Then we went to see the ultimate summer movie "Live Free or Die Hard". As the man says, "yippee kayee mother fu[BLAM!!!]"; I recommend it highly.

For dinner I took Tammer to a sushi place called FuGaKyu; it's the largest sushi place in New England. I haven't been able to stomach sushi since an unfortunate incident in 2000, but last night I tried some rather tame selections and was pleasantly surprised. I think I am ready to add the cuisine back into my rotation. I am pretty sure Tammer really enjoyed it, too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!

2 comments:

W said...

Your blog is so much better than mine but you get as much activity as I do. I read it just so you know.

W said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMER!