the weekenders

Friday
Tammer came home and we made a lame ass dinner. Then we're off to a bar with a couple of his co-workers. I even got to meet one of his bosses, which was neat. I think it was only supposed to be 4 or 5 of us, but since Tammer works with teenagers, the crowd eventually grew to 10 or so, which was too large a crowd for the tiny-boothed establishment. We drank, we laughed, and we made sure to catch the last T home (it stops at midnight), so we wouldn't have to pay for a cab.


Saturday
We slept in till noon. I haven't slept this late in years...4 years, folks! Saturday was the first truly nice day of spring, so we decided to go on an outing.

First stop was a little Japanese place where we got authentic (?) ramen and rice bowls. Then we wandered around Newbury Street for a couple of hours. This street is full of those stores that most normal people can't afford to go into. I am surprised they don't do a credit check when you turn the corner..."what's your annual income?" "Right this way, madame." We went into a place that sells kitchen stuff, and the only thing we could bring ourselves to buy were some cheap little corn cob holders.

We finally ended up at a cute little jewelry store (the reason for our outing) where we spent a gift certificate we had (Tammer returned some things after Christmas). Their website doesn't show everything, but I got a fun bracelet and some tiny skull & crossbone earrings and couple pair of hoop earrings. So fun!

After "shopping" we were tired and thirsty, so we headed over to the bookstore for some coffee. Along the way we went through the Boston Common, and there was some kind of concert going on. There was a band and a bunch of kids all singing and celebrating. Later, someone told us it was for Earth Day, but I am too lazy to check.

On the way home we stopped by Blockbuster and quarreled over which movie to rent (I get grumpy when I'm tired), then we stopped by Tammer's friends house to say hi. We stayed there for a while just chatting until it was time for them to have dinner.

Then we came home and collapsed; ordered a $5 pizza and watched an episode of Angel before going to bed. This was one about a guy who could detach his own body parts (hands and eyeball) and they would move/behave independently from his body...pretty terrible.


Sunday
This morning I gave Tammer a haircut (I'm his new barber) before going to brunch. Then we went to a coffee shop where I looked through my London travel books while Tammer coded a bit and then played pool with some strangers. On the way home we picked up a travel book for Dublin, so I'll be well prepared. Now we're home, safely under the covers. It's rainy and cold (my jeans were soaked through after the walk from Harvard Square), so it's nice to be indoors. Maybe in a bit we'll watch the rented movie that caused so much drama.

BTW- I leave Tuesday for London. I'll be there until Saturday, then I'm off to Dublin. I come back the following Tuesday. I'm going with a couple of pals from Pasadena, and it promises to be a rockin' good time!

I'll tell you all about my trip when I get back. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

W said...

Wow. What a life you have. All I did today was work and bicker back and forth with the Assistant District Attorney all morning and then pay bills and run errands to 3 different banks and then open a stack of mail that was as tall as my laptop when it's opened and then go to Zaxby's and then Walgreen's and then home only to have Maddison fall down and scrape her knee, arm, and leg and scream at the top of her lungs for an hour and a half and then I watched the news about a mass killing in Virginia which is horrible. Some people say I am negative. Maybe I am. I agree with them to an extent but I also think the world is a negative place lots of the time. Sounds like you have lots of fun. Live it up. Love ya.