Dinner Disaster

Friday night, we decided to meet one of Tammer’s work buddies for dinner. We were hoping to go to a pub or something (I was really in the mood for a burger) and be home by 8:30 for some lazy Friday night snuggling.


We walked down to Harvard square to meet this guy, and he tells us that some of his friends are at a Mexican place a couple of blocks away, so we (reluctantly) decide to join them. This place was apparently the most popular place to grab a margarita or watered down Mexican beer in the area. The place was packed, standing room only, the type of place I was reluctant to go to even during college. Upon our arrival (~7:10) we were assured that a table was being prepared for our party of seven, and were invited to wait in the (shoulder to shoulder) bar. We weren’t seated until 8. Did I mention that I was starving at 6:30. Grrrrrrrrrr.


The people we met for dinner seemed nice enough at first. One girl and I had a conversation about my move and she kept checking on the table so that we wouldn’t leave. However, the longer we waited for our table, and later our food, she and her boyfriend continued to consume more margaritas than is socially acceptable. By the end of the meal they were beyond drunk and beyond obnoxious. This same chick insisted on splitting up the bill for the waitress, a process which took about 15 minutes. She was circling items and drawing arrows…she even got one of those pens with different colored inks.


Did I also forget to mention that I was suffering the onslaught of a head cold? I finally said, “I need to leave” in my meanest voice possible. Have any of you heard me try to be mean? Needless to say, this had no affect. Tammer ended up just throwing money on the table once I started to walk out. I am certain we got home before the rest of them even got out of the restaurant. We agreed that we don’t like that girl or her meat head beau.


The next day we saw that same girl on the T. She was returning from some farmers market and appeared totally normal. No sign of the drunken mess that we left behind the night before. People can surprise you. I can’t decide if I ever want to see her again. I suppose everyone deserves a second chance. Next time, though, I will make sure tequila is not on the menu.

1 comment:

W said...

Speaking of Mexican, thanks for the Pizza Hut meal that Heather, the kids, and I ate tonight. Also, thanks for the meal I will eat tomorrow.