July 21, 2010

Yesterday was the second meeting for Science Club for Girls. For those of you who don't know, I lead the 1st grade club at a chinese school in downtown Boston. Yesterday our lesson plan was centered on bubbles! We learned about the colors in bubbles, the shape of bubbles, the differences between big and little bubbles and the elasticity of bubbles. The girls had a lot of fun!

I had less fun. The club was bookended by two difficult events. The first was the late arrival of one little girls who was in tears! She was inconsolable for the first few minutes following her arrival. Luckily, you may not be surprised to learn, bubbles go a long way in consoling a six year old girl! The second memorable event launched when one of the girls wet her pants, leaving a large puddle of pee on the classroom floor. I had the honor of taking her to the bathroom to help her clean up. I think I handled it fairly well considering I was trying not to gag while cleaning up her pee...ugh. I washed my hands a lot!

Here are some pictures of us playing with bubbles!

1 comment:

W said...

GO UNICORNS!!! But not literally.

Sounds like you experienced 10 minutes of my daily life. HA HA!